Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Classic S60 in for service vs new 75

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Going on 3 years now in a classic S60, first time I've gotten a loaner (I live and work very close to the service center so in previous instances I haven't bothered with it). I thought it was interesting what has (and hasn't) changed in this car in the past 3 years. Some observations:

1) Seats. Wow very different feeling. I think I had super OG seats, very flat. The ones in the new loaner totally hug you, in fact almost too much! Or maybe I just need to lose some spare tire :)

2) All glass roof looks really elegant. They should have done this from the start and skipped the pano imho.

3) Climate control system in the loaner is definitely quieter than in the '14 S60, very noticeably so.

4) What happened to the frunk? Loaner is a non-D 75, yet frunk is still tiny? Did they cram the compressor in there or something? There's a lot less space.

5) I'm trying to figure out if the loaner has air suspension, but i don't see anything in options, so I'm thinking it doesn't. Feels slightly softer ride than the '14 S60, but that might be due to different tires.

6) I'm not used to having parking sensors, and my initial impression is that they are annoying, but I'm assuming you get used to them and they become useful.

7) Took it to work, parked it in the structure, and when I came back out and got in, center screen was dead. Reboot via steering wheel buttons took care of that. But then I noticed the mirrors didn't unfold either. They did when I hit the button though. So with those quirks out of the way things were smooth sailing.

8) It had the center console, which looks nice when it's all buttoned up, but I kind of like the open feeling of not having anything there at all, or maybe that's just what I'm used to.

All in all it's been fun and interesting to see how the Model S has evolved in 36 short months.

85 owner here.
I agree with many points.
I'm a very happy camper with the original big frunk and open yacht floor.
I know it's not what the typical car drivers like, but no center console has many advantages. But I understand that guys with P version got annoyed at stuff flying around.

• Funny
Reactions: KL670