Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Clattering/Chafing sound emanating from M3 front end when driving at high speeds

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have been noticing a loud clattering/chafing sound coming from the driver side wheel region of my M3. I first noticed it when driving 92mph some months ago, but the sound went away after backing down to 75mph.

Since then the issue has progressed, and now I hear the sound at 70mph after driving for about an hour.

Tesla service center has not been able to recreate the issue and they're refusing to take the car apart or even look at it.

I've provided a video clip that clearly relays the sound, but that's apparently not adequate for them.

I'm wondering if anyone has encountered a similar issue or has any advice on how to get Tesla to handle the issue

I have been noticing a loud clattering/chafing sound coming from the driver side wheel region of my M3. I first noticed it when driving 92mph some months ago, but the sound went away after backing down to 75mph.

Since then the issue has progressed, and now I hear the sound at 70mph after driving for about an hour.

Tesla service center has not been able to recreate the issue and they're refusing to take the car apart or even look at it.

I've provided a video clip that clearly relays the sound, but that's apparently not adequate for them.

I'm wondering if anyone has encountered a similar issue or has any advice on how to get Tesla to handle the issue

Anything like this?

Upvote 0