Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Clay bar + wax new car?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Pretty new to giving a heck about a car since I got my 3... Ive been reading a lot about ceramic coating, PPF etc etc, but also wondering about getting the car clay bar and waxed.

Is there any point to clay bar + wax on a 2 week old car? If not, when is a good time, few months?

I live in SoCal so cars just tend to get road dusty here mostly (but quite quickly, I’ve already had to wash it twice!). I’d like to keep it as clean as possible between washes... any advice/tips welcome!

Pretty new to giving a heck about a car since I got my 3... Ive been reading a lot about ceramic coating, PPF etc etc, but also wondering about getting the car clay bar and waxed.

Is there any point to clay bar + wax on a 2 week old car? If not, when is a good time, few months?

I live in SoCal so cars just tend to get road dusty here mostly (but quite quickly, I’ve already had to wash it twice!). I’d like to keep it as clean as possible between washes... any advice/tips welcome!
Do it after 6-8 months if you dont wash often, I wash my black Model 3 twice a week and I ceramic coated it myself, which makes a huuuge difference, after you rinse first its clean, then I use foam cannon, then wash mitt, rinse, blow dry. Ceramic is worth it 100%

But if you dont want to ceramic, always have a good paint sealant or wax, Chemical Guys makes great ones, or for the best one by miles, Carpro reload, which can be used as a stand alone sealant or to maintain a ceramic coating, works miracles and water and dirt do not stick.
Also, a good one is carpro hydro2, which I use for wheels and they do not get dirty, and you can also use for paint but reload beads water better and lasts a little longer.