Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Clean Energy for America Act - Retroactive?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So far no
E_C7k8lUcAMoQy7.jpg

Reactions: TSLY
Uncle Joe hates upper middle class. Always this income threshold for everything
An adjusted income threshold of $400,000-$800,000 is pretty high, IMO, to be getting a tax credit on a car. I would consider those income ranges as lower-elite class...not really in the middle class category. I make a decent living myself, and I'm totally fine with not being eligible for the incentive. I'll take it if I'm eligible, but if not I'm happy to let that credit go to someone who otherwise maybe couldn't afford an EV.

Reactions: OCJeff
An adjusted income threshold of $400,000-$800,000 is pretty high, IMO, to be getting a tax credit on a car. I would consider those income ranges as lower-elite class...not really in the middle class category. I make a decent living myself, and I'm totally fine with not being eligible for the incentive. I'll take it if I'm eligible, but if not I'm happy to let that credit go to someone who otherwise maybe couldn't afford an EV.
I agree with you. The limit should be actually lower. And factor in car price maybe like income < 5x car price

Reactions: Baluchi