Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Retroactive price adjustment for those who took delivery very recently

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello Folks! I know this might be s stupid question but has there ever been a retroactive price adjustment for those who took delivery only a few days before a huge price decrement? I bought my MXP on August 24th and I read on one of the Facebook forum that this might have been done before. Thoughts?

• Funny
Reactions: UncleCreepy
Tesla doesn't do it. I'd think at least 7 days or 30 days should get that protection but yeah then the people one day later will be pissed. Kind of a trade off with Tesla transparent pricing and simple online orders without dealers is you can get screwed on price cuts.

If people are very knowledgeable they can research inventory levels before they buy, Tesla has almost always cut prices when inventory levels have been increasing. But I never heard of that before buying my first Tesla and most buyers would never thing of looking at that.

Hello Folks! I know this might be s stupid question but has there ever been a retroactive price adjustment for those who took delivery only a few days before a huge price decrement? I bought my MXP on August 24th and I read on one of the Facebook forum that this might have been done before. Thoughts?

It's never been done. Whatever you read on FB was wrong.

I took delivery on Tuesday, I’m in Texas and doubt my state has any laws to protect me with the price changes like that lol. They don’t even let Tesla sell the car here - I had to wire money to Tesla in California to finish the sale. But if someone does find a way to get a price adjustment I’ll be happy to try to get that myself!