Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cleanest looking wireless dashboard phone charger

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not to bump an old thread, but for those who have this installed, have you noticed any overheating issues with your phones during the warmer months since the mount is in direct sunlight? I'm looking to grab one of these, but my main concern is how hot the charger and/or phone will get during the warm summer months.

Not to bump an old thread, but for those who have this installed, have you noticed any overheating issues with your phones during the warmer months since the mount is in direct sunlight? I'm looking to grab one of these, but my main concern is how hot the charger and/or phone will get during the warm summer months.
Haven’t had any issues. I don’t keep my phone charging if I am not in the car. Plus this is just a MagSafe magnetic phone holder. It doesn’t have a charger built in. I didn’t opt for that due to charging speeds usually being much slower with MagSafe chargers.

Reactions: SkunkApe
Haven’t had any issues. I don’t keep my phone charging if I am not in the car. Plus this is just a MagSafe magnetic phone holder. It doesn’t have a charger built in. I didn’t opt for that due to charging speeds usually being much slower with MagSafe chargers.

Sorry, I was more so talking about the holder/charger on the original post 😁

71KSv4ERpXL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Last edited:
Sorry, I was more so talking about the holder/charger on the original post 😁

71KSv4ERpXL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
No worries. I did consider this one too. Though I change phones often even between iOS and Android that it didn’t make sense for me especially since Apple has a different wattage MagSafe standard versus Google’s Pixel line and such. Though heat may not harm it but would probably impact your phones charging as the MagSafe charger is hot and such.

Reactions: SkunkApe