Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How I cleanly wired a dashboard phone charger/mount

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a need to use 3rd party navigation app on my phone, solutions that mount to the screen were not as clean, go over the screen, or behind the steering wheel, or too slow to charge.

I picked up a MagSafe charger that mounts on Tesla’s dash, and wired it as you see in the photos, it looks super clean, keeps the phone cool from the ac vents, and supports 15w. I’ve seen some people wire behind some panels also, but I didn’t feel like popping off any panels, this “install” took 2 mins, and I used a 90° corner usb-c extension plugged in the back, routed inside anything I could put in.

1688931142831.png

1688931159756.png

1688931174417.png

1688931187187.png

1688931199487.png

1688931209588.png

No offense but im not sure the word "cleanly" is justified. The panel by the door is super easy to pop off and hide the wire better. Teslas are super easy to take apart and put back together. Running that wire back there could be better done and would have taken like 15 minutes.

No offense but im not sure the word "cleanly" is justified. The panel by the door is super easy to pop off and hide the wire better. Teslas are super easy to take apart and put back together. Running that wire back there could be better done and would have taken like 15 minutes.
Exactly that’s why I mentioned it in my post, I personally don’t see a need for it, I don’t see the cable, it’s even hard to see when the door it open unless you are actively looking for it.
But yeah should be very easy to do if you prefer.

You can even go as far as tapping into power lines inside those panels for those who would like for an even cleaner look, just like those instrument cluster screens do.

Last edited: