Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Clicking/metallic noise when cornering.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi everyone,

I have a noise coming from my new SR+, it sounds like a metallic tapping/clicking noise when cornering. (appears to be the front of the car)
Only noticed when I went into an underground car park, but it's quite loud.
Does not change with acceleration or braking, but when cornering moderately

Anyone else have this issue, please?

Reactions: Chickenlips
Several of us have this. I believe the cause is yet to be determined, but it's not something to worry about unless it gets a lot worse.

Clicking when accelerating or decelerating can be fixed by greasing the half shaft splines. Could be something to do with it or something else.

Booked a service for Wed 12th. They called me on Friday to ask if I could come in (I'm half an hour from Dartford) for the technician to drive it in the parking lot to verify the issue and make sure they have the right parts so it can get fixed in a "single visit" (excluding the fact that I have to make an initial visit to properly diagnose the problem). So I plan to go on Monday which I assume means they won't be fixing it on Wednesday if they're not sure about the parts they'll need. Maybe if you're further away you get a mobile ranger to do the initial check? Maybe I could've asked for that, but any excuse to drive the car, really.

Booked a service for Wed 12th. They called me on Friday to ask if I could come in (I'm half an hour from Dartford) for the technician to drive it in the parking lot to verify the issue and make sure they have the right parts so it can get fixed in a "single visit" (excluding the fact that I have to make an initial visit to properly diagnose the problem). So I plan to go on Monday which I assume means they won't be fixing it on Wednesday if they're not sure about the parts they'll need. Maybe if you're further away you get a mobile ranger to do the initial check? Maybe I could've asked for that, but any excuse to drive the car, really.
Was your issue fixed? I have an appointment for next Friday and wondering how they will handle it.

Sorry, I forgot to update. The clicking seems to be fixed, but when doing a proactive fix for the electrical harness, they've introduced a new problem where I now have a red caravan icon on permanently (it thinks there's a fault with the trailer wiring, a trailer that I don't have and have never plugged in). There's also a really annoying new rattle on the passenger side that wasn't there before.

I have a mobile ranger coming in a couple of weeks to hopefully fix both issues.

upload_2020-8-16_16-44-54.png