Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Clicking noise on regen/deceleration

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Any progress?
So the SC messaged me yesterday and I quote: "...We are going to replace your halfshafts with the newest revision as they have wear and tear after two and a half years and roughly 23,600 miles."

I love how they're trying to pitch it as an expected and normal 'wear and tear' issue. Let's ignore the countless number of other vehicles running around the world with high milage on original half shafts. Heaven forbid they should accept some level of responsibility for their glaring and repeated design failures, and quality issues.

This of course is all after the half shafts had been replaced back in '21 after only about 10k miles because of the the commonly reported front end shutter under hard acceleration.

After almost a decade of driving Teslas, I think I'm done. Problems have been on the rise, and customer service and accountability has been on a steep decline.

So the SC messaged me yesterday and I quote: "...We are going to replace your halfshafts with the newest revision as they have wear and tear after two and a half years and roughly 23,600 miles."

I love how they're trying to pitch it as an expected and normal 'wear and tear' issue. Let's ignore the countless number of other vehicles running around the world with high milage on original half shafts. Heaven forbid they should accept some level of responsibility for their glaring and repeated design failures, and quality issues.

This of course is all after the half shafts had been replaced back in '21 after only about 10k miles because of the the commonly reported front end shutter under hard acceleration.

After almost a decade of driving Teslas, I think I'm done. Problems have been on the rise, and customer service and accountability has been on a steep decline.
I definitely share your frustrations. I’ve owned and driven several model 3 iterations, two model Ys, one S and this X. By far I will say the X has been the most trouble. I’m frankly surprised there aren’t multiple class action lawsuits regarding the suspension and falcon wings.

Reactions: DDarrow
Dropped off at service today. Did an extended test drive but sound did not reproduce for service tech (it usually happens early in AM when car has been sitting for a long time, and I had been driving it for 1.5 hrs since service center is far). They said they will leave overnight and try tomorrow morning. I showed him all the videos and he said most likely will replace the half shafts, but he doesn't think that's what it is. He says it sounds rotational and not axle related, and will look when they take things apart.