Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Clicking relay on passenger side (RHD) and flashing icons on screen?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi folks, I got home today and had forgotten my house key, so had to wait for my wife to get home, so decided to jump back in the car and watch some YouTube and Netflix in the warm (joys of owning a Tesla!).

But when I got in and was trying to adjust the Netflix volume with the steering wheel scroller with my elbow resting on the centre console arm rest, I heard a relay clicking on what sounded like the passenger footwell area and various warning indicators were showing up on the screen, like when you start the car. Things like the parking brake warning indicator etc, but every time I moved the scroll wheel it seemed to show the autopilot steering wheel icon in orange primarily, as well as a bunch of other indicators also showing up.

Now I don't know if the majority were just showing up because I had just gotten back in the car. (I don't think it had locked since I got out and I didn't take the car back out of park at any point, so that would surprise me) but does anybody know what this might have been about? Or has anyone experienced anything similar?

After a few seconds it stopped freaking out and the volume control went back to working normally and the relay noise stopped.