Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Headlight icon

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
While in a parking lot last night I discovered something...
After dark, I like to turn off the headlights while I'm parked, but still in the car. I've always went through the menu system to turn them off. Just out of curiosity I tapped on the headlight icon right under the displayed speedometer indicator -- low and behold, it pulled up a small menu at the bottom of the screen, and there was the choice of turning the headlights off or even the choice to use the parking lights. Even tho I've had this car for two and a half years there's not too many weeks that go by that I don't discover something new about this car.

I discovered that not long ago myself. You can also tap the battery icon to bring up charging.

I wish the headlights icon would just go dark when the lights are off so that it would be there to turn them back on as well.

also . . .

. . . if you touch the SoC indicator it'll toggle between range in miles (or km presumably) and percentage

When my dad was learnig about computers I told him that he'll find out more stuff by accident than by reading the books (although I always read the manual when I get a new car)

I though the just unplugging it at the speaker disables the sound.
It does, but will trigger an error on the display. Other threads show how to disable it with a resistor. (not worth the trouble to me) But what I did was use some bubble wrap and black duct tape to cover up the speaker from under the car. It doesn't completely eliminate the sound but does muffle it somewhat.

It does, but will trigger an error on the display. Other threads show how to disable it with a resistor. (not worth the trouble to me) But what I did was use some bubble wrap and black duct tape to cover up the speaker from under the car. It doesn't completely eliminate the sound but does muffle it somewhat.
Whats the benefit of covering this speaker.

Other than a possible lawsuit if you run someone over and they sue because you disabled the sound that would alert them to your presence :)

While in a parking lot last night I discovered something...
After dark, I like to turn off the headlights while I'm parked, but still in the car. I've always went through the menu system to turn them off. Just out of curiosity I tapped on the headlight icon right under the displayed speedometer indicator -- low and behold, it pulled up a small menu at the bottom of the screen, and there was the choice of turning the headlights off or even the choice to use the parking lights. Even tho I've had this car for two and a half years there's not too many weeks that go by that I don't discover something new about this ca
this is gold! i'm somebody who loves to have my lights on while driving and hated going through the light menu each and every time. Thank you so much for this!

Reactions: andaconda
Forward: Like bad wheel bearings
That's lame. From the lack of posts about this I assume there's not an option to change the sound?

I'd love for it to sound (well, feel in my case) like my last Viper GTS did. It was loud, modified, had a mean cam lope to it, and it would crackle and pop (while spitting fire) upon lifting off of the gas pedal. I'd love to be able to activate that kind of PWS on command for safety reasons here and there. And be able to turn it off when pulling into my neighborhood or leaving in the middle of the night so I don't annoy anybody.

-Paul