Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Climate Change Denial

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Note how the Antarctic was rising during the past 4 decades, then it had an ice compaction event 2016-2017. The NSIDC reported on this. They said it had nothing to do with global temperatures. The wind pushed the ice back towards the continent. I can dig up the report if you want.
Also take note that as the Arctic ice extent reached a satellite record low in 2012, the Antarctic reached a satellite record high in 2015.

Here is a segment of the NSIDC report back in 2016.

“When the westerly wind pattern broke down in November, winds in several areas of Antarctica started to blow from the north. Over a broad area near Wilkes Land, the ice edge was pushed toward the continent. Areas with southward winds were also located between Dronning Maud Land and Enderby Land, and near the Antarctic Peninsula. This created three regions where ice extent quickly became much less extensive than usual (Figure 5c), reflected in the rapid decline in extent for the Antarctic as a whole. Interspersed with the areas of compressed sea ice and winds from the north, areas of south winds produced large open water areas near the coast, creating the polynyas.”

So, this is what caused the big Antarctic sea ice decline in 2016. If you dig into the reports, you will find things that explains what happened.

The Arctic is supposedly where most of the earth’s warming is occurring - during the winter when it is least important. If the Arctic warms during the summer, then that would be something to be concerned about. But that isn’t happening. Neither are fires, floods and droughts increasing.

??? It's hotter and drier in the summer. How would hotter and drier weather NOT drive more fires? Excluding the years that the USFS didn't try to stop every tiny fire more and more acres are burning every year but worse the fires are burning hotter and faster.

Screen Shot 2021-09-29 at 2.19.50 PM.png

Look at the flooding from Harvey, Ida and the recent flooding in Germany. Those were rainfall events that would be impossible in a cooling world. Warmer air carries more moisture ~7% more per C => more extreme rainfall is possible and more frequent.

And the flow rate of the colorado river is hitting record lows. The outflow is also diverging more from rainfall. Higher temperature mean more water evaporates instead of flowing down the river.

Screen Shot 2021-09-29 at 2.34.25 PM.png

Not to mention ocean acidification, species loss, increased disease spread, spread of invasive species like the bark beetle, increased tree loss, due to bark beetle, famine due to drought, increased conflict due to resource scarcity, increased heat waves, increased cold snaps due to instability in the jet stream, significantly higher insurance rates due to severe weather, increased political instability due it climate migration, loss of coral due to bleaching, economic damage from loss of tourism due to coral bleaching, lower output from nuclear and solar facilities due to higher ambient temperatures, increased electricity use due to wider climate swings. All the fun bonuses that come with our pathetic addiction to fools fuel....

Before moving on as you do with each debunked claim, do you agree that the Arctic is warming, contrary to what you claimed? Please state here.
Yes, in the winter. The Danish Meteorological Institute shows this with data going back to 1958 feet rsxtqdd dad dad as dad a so xx
??? It's hotter and drier in the summer. How would hotter and drier weather NOT drive more fires? Excluding the years that the USFS didn't try to stop every tiny fire more and more acres are burning every year but worse the fires are burning hotter and faster.

View attachment 715950

Look at the flooding from Harvey, Ida and the recent flooding in Germany. Those were rainfall events that would be impossible in a cooling world. Warmer air carries more moisture ~7% more per C => more extreme rainfall is possible and more frequent.

And the flow rate of the colorado river is hitting record lows. The outflow is also diverging more from rainfall. Higher temperature mean more water evaporates instead of flowing down the river.

View attachment 715953

Not to mention ocean acidification, species loss, increased disease spread, spread of invasive species like the bark beetle, increased tree loss, due to bark beetle, famine due to drought, increased conflict due to resource scarcity, increased heat waves, increased cold snaps due to instability in the jet stream, significantly higher insurance rates due to severe weather, increased political instability due it climate migration, loss of coral due to bleaching, economic damage from loss of tourism due to coral bleaching, lower output from nuclear and solar facilities due to higher ambient temperatures, increased electricity use due to wider climate swings. All the fun bonuses that come with our pathetic addiction to fools fuel....
Dr Roger Pielke Jr. presented his findings about the cost of climate to the Committee on Banking, Housing and Urban Affairs of the US Senate on July 20, 2021. Pielke does believe that humans are affecting the climate. But he also points out that there hasn’t been near the destruction caused by weather events as has been promoted by climate alarmists.

Pielke has a clear, precise, level-headed presentation right here.

Reactions: FlatSix911
Here is the Danish Meteorological Institute Arctic Temperature data. As you can see, the climate warming is all during the winter. During the summer months, the temperatures always remain near normal. For 2021, a little below normal.

It wouldn’t matter if it was all during the winter but you’re wrong there too. Your linked site shows very clearly that average temperatures have been increasing. So yet again, please confirm that you agree.
SIE_values_v2.png

Ocean and Ice Services | Danmarks Meteorologiske Institut

Reactions: nwdiver
It wouldn’t matter if it was all during the winter but you’re wrong there too. Your linked site shows very clearly that average temperatures have been increasing. So yet again, please confirm that you agree.
SIE_values_v2.png

Ocean and Ice Services | Danmarks Meteorologiske Institut
Climate warms and climate cools. In the 1970s, climate scientists were fearful the next ice age was around the corner because the Arctic sea ice was so extensive and think. There was even speculation to sprinkle coal dust on the ice to help melt it. And what was blamed for the multi-decadal cold trend of the 1960s and 1970s? You got it - burning of fossil fuels! I don’t think you are old enough to know that.

Climate warms and climate cools. In the 1970s, climate scientists were fearful the next ice age was around the corner because the Arctic sea ice was so extensive and think. There was even speculation to sprinkle coal dust on the ice to help melt it. And what was blamed for the multi-decadal cold trend of the 1960s and 1970s? You got it - burning of fossil fuels! I don’t think you are old enough to know that.
That should read, “..so extensive and thick.”

Yes, in the winter. The Danish Meteorological Institute shows this with data going back to 1958 feet rsxtqdd dad dad as dad a so xx

Dr Roger Pielke Jr. presented his findings about the cost of climate to the Committee on Banking, Housing and Urban Affairs of the US Senate on July 20, 2021. Pielke does believe that humans are affecting the climate. But he also points out that there hasn’t been near the destruction caused by weather events as has been promoted by climate alarmists.

Pielke has a clear, precise, level-headed presentation right here.

1. I emphasize explicitly and unequivocally that human-caused climate change is real, that it poses significant risks to society and the environment, and that various policy responses in the form of mitigation and adaptation are necessary and make good sense.

..... based on that conclusion alone does it not make sense to reduce our use of fools fuel ASAP?

Reactions: iPlug and CyberGus
In the short term or as a trend?
Well, I am no climate scientist Mr. Moderator. I am an estate manager with an interest in Tesla, the environment, and policy issues that affects our lives. I am aware that every government science organization promotes the idea that our greenhouse emissions are causing climate change. I think we have some effect, but isn’t nearly as bad as the alarmists claim. There are a lot of good scientists who work in these organizations, and not all of them are “all in” the global catastrophe scenario.

To answer your question, my guess is that ENSO maybe the primary driver of climate change, and that La Ninas will become stronger, thus reversing the global warming cycle. But, it is just a layman’s guess.

Reactions: FlatSix911
Well, I am no climate scientist Mr. Moderator. I am an estate manager with an interest in Tesla, the environment, and policy issues that affects our lives. I am aware that every government science organization promotes the idea that our greenhouse emissions are causing climate change. I think we have some effect, but isn’t nearly as bad as the alarmists claim. There are a lot of good scientists who work in these organizations, and not all of them are “all in” the global catastrophe scenario.

To answer your question, my guess is that ENSO maybe the primary driver of climate change, and that La Ninas will become stronger, thus reversing the global warming cycle. But, it is just a layman’s guess.
Oh, that reminds me. I think the free market is adaptive to climate change awareness. I have a V6 ICE that will drop to V4 mode while on the highway. I have an automatic transmission mechanic in the family who was showing me some of the trick engineering that goes into it. ICE vehicles are becoming more fuel efficient. And BEV competition is adding pressure to ICE manufacturers to reduce fuel burn.