Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Climate Control and Hot Weather

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Only quickly glanced and didnt see anyone mention the button in the bottom right which enables air flow to the rear passengers, turn that off for a, er, full frontal experience.

Also fan directions, pinch to form a direct blast, etc

Reactions: Adopado
Since the hotter weather arrived I have not been out with the family for obvious reasons but something has been bothering me about the AC setup. I like the AC set cooler than my wife. no problem, dual zone. I also like air on my face and she doesn't. On "normal" cars I would have both face vents open and she would have them closed. I can't see a way to do this on the M3. Is there a way I have missed? I know you can re-direct the vents but only so much. When we do go out in hot weather if I can't turn off her vents without turning off mine am I going be able to direct the vents away from her enough to avoid complaints of a draft?

I'm not in the car obviously but I thought it was possible to direct both vented streams to one side?
you can move the stream or split it but ultimately it still originates from the dash right in front of the passenger so I think it will be hard to completely avoid them with it. At least that is how it appears on the graphic. i guess I will just have to try it to find out. I was just hoping there was a trick to stopping it completely on one side that I had missed.