Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Climate Control Turning On by Itself

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I recently had my Model S serviced and shortly after I noticed some phantom battery drain even with the vehicle plugged in. Drain that I haven’t experienced previously. I’m on the most recent software and I don’t think the service center made any changes. I did some investigating and found that the climate control was turning on. How did I find this? I got into my vehicle after it was parked in 30 degree ambient temperature and my vehicle was 84 degrees with the seats hot. keep climate on was turned off, overheat was turned off, pre conditioning off as well. And, if I opened my Tesla app it said the climate was off. But it wasn’t. Waiting to hear back from Tesla but wondering if anyone else experienced this?

ive noticed that I will get a notification saying climate control is being turned off because its been on for over 4 hours. This only started happening with the newest update and I have my settings the same as you.

ive noticed that I will get a notification saying climate control is being turned off because its been on for over 4 hours. This only started happening with the newest update and I have my settings the same as you.
I’ve noticed the same. Suspect it’s related to smart preconditioning - although, I can’t imagine what pattern it established because it turned on automatically at 2AM!

V9.0 2019.8.5

This is totally annoying as my car has started doing this daily, I’m in Florida and the garage is 85° and it keeps turning on climate control to bring the car down to 70° temperature and I also have all of these things turned off this is a problem for the battery drain.

This is totally annoying as my car has started doing this daily, I’m in Florida and the garage is 85° and it keeps turning on climate control to bring the car down to 70° temperature and I also have all of these things turned off this is a problem for the battery drain.
I’ve noticed the same.

Model Y and very latest software update
I’ve turned off the settings for cabin heat protection and other things that may make it turn on.

I woke up to an alert saying that climate had been running for two hours and had turned off.

During the day I had left the car out of the garage. While near the car, no phone on me I heard the fans running and it was the climate. Got my phone and checked the app. Climate was turned off. So I tapped on and then off. Climate turned off and the car was silent.

5 minutes later the climate kicked on again. So I opened the app and did the same and it shut down. It was about 18c / 64f in the sun so was the climate system cooling the battery? Although that wouldn’t explain the climate system coming on during the night in the garage as it’s chilly in Scotland at night time where I live.