Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Climate has been on for an extended period of time

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

wayner

Oct 29, 2014
Toronto
I have seen this issue before, this is just the most recent example:

I had a message on my phone this morning at 4:01am saying "Climate has been on for an extended period of time" and there was another message four hours later at 8:01am saying "Climate has turned off because it has been on for 4 hours."

I had list driven my car around 2:30pm. the previous day - 13.5 hours before the first message. I did not do anything to turn on climate on my car. I believe I may have made a manual adjustment to fan speed while driving.

So why was the climate on for over 12 hourse? Shouldn't the climate system shut off when I get out of the car? This causes a bit of battery drain.

Fix please? I'm experiencing the same issue. It seems to be related to a software update being available. Last time it was fixed by pushing the update via LTE (No wifi at my apartment, and data too slow via phone).

Hear turns on HI at 1am, eats 25 miles of range and then turns off hours later. Less than 1200 miles on my Model 3