Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Climate system comes back on after exiting and shutdown

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When leaving the car and closing the doors I hear the climate system shut down. I come back later and find the fan at the front of the car (Climate system?) running again. Again I open and close the door and it shuts down.
Auto is off.

I believe so too. Just wished it actually worked. Never had a car that has an AC that got this funky.

Wonder if it's due to the higher rated HEPA filters it uses than maybe other vehicles have.

After about a year and a half I ended up with smelly air too just on start up with the AC on. Car has been through some high PM2.5 wildfire smoke in the past and our area in general has a lot of dust in the air due to construction and agricultural field plowing. Think the manual says to replace apx every two years so guess mine was due anyway. Mobile did mine during covid shutdown (condenser cleaning and new filters) and been fine since. With a month of living with bad air quality since August's lightning fires all around us I might not make the 2-year interval next time either.

I changed my filters myself about a month ago. I was worried about it after reading the instructions, but it was actually really easy if you have the right tool. But the smell has not come back, at least yet :)

Just don't be dumb like I was for the first half, and move the passenger seat all the way back FIRST...

My car is only about 3 months old with 1500 miles . Should not have filter problems.

I did at 1500 miles and I live in the desert. I don't use recirc, so hopefully, that will help. I'm ready to swap filters and clean the evaporator if it comes back (some good how-to videos on YouTube). I wish the car didn't default to recirc on; I keep having to remember to turn it off!