Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cloth seats?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
These cloth seats on my 2001 Lexus IS300 have held up very well:
is-seats1.png

Tesla currently offers fabric seats in all their models. It is independant of the model you choose.

On some higher end cars they may include the leather for free, but I believe the base fabric is always available

The cloth seats from Tesla are good looking, durable and supportive.

...On some higher end cars they may include the leather for free, but I believe the base fabric is always available.

The problem I find is that US car companies tend to make the leather part of a package & mandatory if you want other options.
So, for instance, that Lexus IS300 may be the only one in the USA with "base" fabric seats, but moonroof & limited slip differential options because I had to escalate all the way to HQ to do a special order to get it that way. I had many people try to talk me out of that special order saying "cloth will kill the resale value"... They really only intended to make a very small number of cars with those fabric seats just to show a stripper model at at low entry price point, but ended up making most of the cars "more highly optioned" including leather where they made more profit on the markup.

I never do any special care (other than occasional vacuum) on any of my cars with cloth seats, so I think could say that cloth is lower maintenance than leather.

Don't want to shout the "no dead animal parts in the car" mantra, because I think good fabric can stand on its' own merits without even considering that angle.

Sorry, I gotta go with leather. My 2006 Lexus LS still has that beautiful leather smell. The weather here in So. Cal is fairly mild and the cars are mostly garaged, so the seats are never hot or that cold. We're empty nesters now, so no kids and no pets. Our 97 Camry with 260,000 miles has cloth but sadly they need some upgrading after 19 years. The 2013 Prius has that fake leather, whatever they call it. I guess it's okay, and I could probably live with that in the M3. It seems to be holding up well after three years. I wonder about 20 though.

We have kids and leather is so much nicer than cloth to me. I have cloth tan seats in my truck and they are holding up well but I can't tell you how often I have to emergency clean the seats due to a random spill. My wife's van has a truffle color leather and every month or so I remove all the kid seats and wipe them down with a damp rag and then spray a bit of conditioner on them. They look great but they are only 2 years old. Our previous van which had black leather still looked great when it was totalled. It was 6 years old. We had one small part of the leather that chipped from the previous owner and believe it or not I touched it up with a sharpie and you couldn't even tell. I would go with black again in a heartbeat but they don't offer it anymore in the odyssey. My tesla will have black leather seats with silver paint. I'll have the windows tinted to keep the heat out. (I am in Texas) Plus with the ability to cool the inside before getting in I will be a happy camper.

I'm thinking a nice tiger or leopard skin combination.......hmmmm. A person can dream - can't they?

View attachment 174451

Can you imagine the size of the front and rear motors in this beast? 0-60 in 1.1 seconds

When I watched the Flintstones as a kid (old enough to have seen it first-run), I used to wonder why the rear roller did not detach from the body frame with that fork mechanism facing backward and the car moving forward:

flintmobile.jpg

I find it amusing that this thread has pictures of all sorts of cloth seats from all sorts of manufacturers, but no pictures of Tesla cloth seats. I guess people already know what they look like?
:) good one. The guys at my store say they have yet to see a Model X w cloth seats. To repeat myself from long ago: When I told my brother & family that I would get cloth seats in my Tesla, their reaction was as if I had said I was a serial killer or something :eek: Some people think high-end car = leather, period. I disagree. My response at the time was,"well ... I bet the cloth seats in a Tesla will be pretty nice," I'll know soon.

:) good one. The guys at my store say they have yet to see a Model X w cloth seats. To repeat myself from long ago: When I told my brother & family that I would get cloth seats in my Tesla, their reaction was as if I had said I was a serial killer or something :eek: Some people think high-end car = leather, period. I disagree. My response at the time was,"well ... I bet the cloth seats in a Tesla will be pretty nice," I'll know soon.

At least it's not like going to a dealership and finding every car on the lot has leather seats (or at least everything but the cheapest stripper). With Tesla if you want cloth seats you just get them.