Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Clunk sound when charging on DC - Tesla Service Bulletin

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m sure most of you have heard it. That loud clunk that sounds like a rubber mallet hitting your trunk while charging on a DC or Supercharger. Apparently Tesla has a Service Bulletin out to fix this now which changes the battery breather valves. I’ve booked an appointment via the app to have mine changed. Has anyone else done this or heard of it?

I love using the ionity chargers when supercharging is not nearby or convenient (example going to Chamonix, France there is one just off the autoroute/highway. I’ve heard this clunk however from many DC chargers and started to look into it.

Please see this video for reference. I found out about the TSB to fix the clunk in the comments.

I’m sure most of you have heard it. That loud clunk that sounds like a rubber mallet hitting your trunk while charging on a DC or Supercharger. Apparently Tesla has a Service Bulletin out to fix this now which changes the battery breather valves. I’ve booked an appointment via the app to have mine changed. Has anyone else done this or heard of it?
Yes, I also have noticed it for the first time today when I visit a supercharger for the second time. Model 3 performance is three weeks old. I will contact the servicedesk next week.