TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

CNBC - Is Tesla the Next Amazon?

Discussion in 'Tesla Motors' started by vfx, Aug 3, 2013.

1. vfx

vfx Well-Known Member

http://video.cnbc.com/gallery/?video=3000187706&play=1

2. Soflason

Soflason Member

Striking how similar the charts are... and very interesting parallels across the board. A bullish POV from CNBC here and they're quick to dissuade folks from taking a short position. As one of the pundits noted: although there will be ups and downs, this upward trend could keep going for years...

I agree.

3. kevin99

kevin99 Banned

The similarity is striking the way CNBC is presenting. However there is ugly curve after that for AMZN. How do you make out of that?

For AMZN, the crash has more to do with the internet bubble than AMZN itself, and I am sure back then AMZN has a lot higher(crazier) p/e than TSLA of now.

I think a better comparison would be AMZN starting from Nov. 2008 - 2011, when it dipped below $40, after that it goes to $140, before lingering between $140-$110, then break out into the $200 range. It is a 3 years time frame.

TSLA feels a lot more substantial than AMZN, therefore a better and more robust investment. The fact TSLA's price has been surpassed due to negative financial outlook and the viability of EV in general match well with the effect of financial crisis on AMZN in 2008. The 3 years time frame of AMZN may well be compressed into 1 year development of TSLA.

I think it is going to take major macro economic condition change to bring or slow down TSLA.

AMZN-2008-2012-B.jpg

4. DriverOne

DriverOne Member

If you see a financial article with a headline that is a question, the answer is nearly always, "No".