Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Coldest day of 2024, heater stopped working.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I fear I have the same issue. Driving to work yesterday the heat was fine. On the way back I was just getting cold air even after rebooting and turning it on and off manually.Oddly enough, before my drive home, I received a message that a service ticket was created for me and closed remotely by the local SC. Called the SC to inquire about the service ticket and they mentioned they received a new update but checked my car remotely and it didn't require it so nothing was done. Got home and checked the service menu and I have a fault code: vcright_a262_PTCFaulted

Sounds like PTC failed 5 months after warranty 😭

• Love
Reactions: cmaster
I fear I have the same issue. Driving to work yesterday the heat was fine. On the way back I was just getting cold air even after rebooting and turning it on and off manually.Oddly enough, before my drive home, I received a message that a service ticket was created for me and closed remotely by the local SC. Called the SC to inquire about the service ticket and they mentioned they received a new update but checked my car remotely and it didn't require it so nothing was done. Got home and checked the service menu and I have a fault code: vcright_a262_PTCFaulted

Sounds like PTC failed 5 months after warranty 😭
Just get it done. If you live in the colder states, it's important. Driving with the windshield frosting very bad. And, if you have kids, you're screwed. If you have a spouse, they'll be extremely angry with you if that's the only car you have.

My advice, go and get it done immediately. Get ready to spit out $1200. This is the problem with Tesla. They only do the quality testing on their parts enough to cover the warranty portion. Not even a full year after or two years after like Toyota.

• Informative
Reactions: primedive
Just get it done. If you live in the colder states, it's important. Driving with the windshield frosting very bad. And, if you have kids, you're screwed. If you have a spouse, they'll be extremely angry with you if that's the only car you have.

My advice, go and get it done immediately. Get ready to spit out $1200. This is the problem with Tesla. They only do the quality testing on their parts enough to cover the warranty portion. Not even a full year after or two years after like Toyota.
Agreed, put in a service request to see what the total damage is