Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Collateral for convincing bldg owner to install charging station?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

scaesare

Mar 14, 2013
NoVA
I'm trying to convince the building owner of the office space we lease to install a charging station. They made a concession for another tenant by installing a 120VAC outlet adjacent to a parking space when he made it a condition of his lease.

My question: are there any specific incentives federally (or for MD state) such as discounts, tax breaks, etc... that I might be able to supply that could help with the case? So far I've got this, but that's about it:

http://www.afdc.energy.gov/laws/law/MD/9302

At this point, I'm suggesting it's a "green-friendly" action that might make his building more attractive to tenants, but I was wondering if anybody else has any suggestions that worked for them?

Thanks.

There are both federal and state (Md) incentives for installing electric vehicle charging stations. The Md one is only for an actual charger, not just an outlet (so Tesla owners who have a 30 or 50 amp outlet cannot apply for this) and not for labor charges. The federal one is for any cost of charging equipment, including labor. Both of these tax credits apply to businesses as well including I'm assuming landlords.

There are both federal and state (Md) incentives for installing electric vehicle charging stations. The Md one is only for an actual charger, not just an outlet (so Tesla owners who have a 30 or 50 amp outlet cannot apply for this) and not for labor charges. The federal one is for any cost of charging equipment, including labor. Both of these tax credits apply to businesses as well including I'm assuming landlords.

Thanks for this.. I'll do some more searching, but if you (or anybody else) happens to have pointers to these incentives handy, it would be much appreciated.