Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Colored Paint Protection Film - what's a reasonable price?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Im curious to read where you ended up getting your car PPFed, what you paid and what the overall experience was.
I ended up going with a place in Orlando called Wraps For Less. They were a few thousand cheaper than all the others I got a quote with. The experience was not the best. I'm ok with how the wrap turned out, but if you are looking for showroom quality, this is not the place.

I dropped it off the day before I went on a 1-week cruise, and they told me it would take 3-5 days. Every day I would pull up the live cameras and would see them working on wrapping a different police car or truck. 9 days later, I looked at the sentry live camera, and it looks like they had only done one side of the car, no trunk or hood. I call them up and ask them if the car is ready, and they are like no; it's not ready; we will call you once it's done. I asked them how much longer it would take as I needed to drive back to Miami, and they had it for nine days. They responded with ok, we will try and have it ready tomorrow and call you and let you know. They had it ready two days after I called and made an appointment for me to come back in a month to inspect the wrap and make corrections if they are needed. I showed up on the appointment day, and the store was closed for the day. I took it in the following day, and they spent 4 hours fixing two areas in the front that lifted.

Last edited:
Reactions: ahorner
I ended up going with a place in Orlando called Wraps For Less. They were a few thousand cheaper than all the others I got a quote with. The experience was not the best. I'm ok with how the wrap turned out, but if you are looking for showroom quality, this is not the place.

I dropped it off the day before I went on a 1-week cruise, and they told me it would take 3-5 days. Every day I would pull up the live cameras and would see them working on wrapping a different police car or truck. 9 days later, I looked at the sentry live camera, and it looks like they had only done one side of the car, no trunk or hood. I call them up and ask them if the car is ready, and they are like no; it's not ready; we will call you once it's done. I asked them how much longer it would take as I needed to drive back to Miami, and they had it for nine days. They responded with ok, we will try and have it ready tomorrow and call you and let you know. They had it ready two days after I called and made an appointment for me to come back in a month to inspect the wrap and make corrections if they are needed. I showed up on the appointment day, and the store was closed for the day. I took it in the following day, and they spent 4 hours fixing two areas in the front that lifted.

Thank you for taking the time to reply Michael.
A few thousand cheaper? Wow, that sounds like a deal, although I understand that the experience was disappointing.
Would you share some pictures of the job done, and maybe also all the shops you have asked with their quotes?
If you prefer not sharing it here in the forum you could also send me a direct message.

Erich

---------------
Get one month free of TESSIE, the 'must-have app for Tesla drivers':

Lower quality work is the reason why the price is so cheap.