TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Colour code for grey turbine wheels

Discussion in 'Model S' started by Jabardo, Oct 20, 2018.

1. Jabardo

Jabardo Member

Hi, I have a set of silver arachnid wheels I want to powdercoat grey, I really love the grey oem colour tesla uses. Does anyone know the colour code from prismatic powders that is very close?
    Thanks all!

2. BHCLUC

BHCLUC Member

Did you ever end up powder coating? What color? Did you put clear on top? Any photos? We're you pleased with your decision?

3. ⚡️ELECTROMAN⚡️

⚡️ELECTROMAN⚡️ Concerned citizen

Wednesday I frittered away some time calling powder coating shops for bids using Tesla's dark grey color. Out of five shops only one knew what color that would be. Is it really that big of a mystery?

4. BHCLUC

BHCLUC Member

I guess it is. Care to share?

5. nico180

nico180 creating simple things - is true talent

9000000-W2-A Sonic Carbon

6. ⚡️ELECTROMAN⚡️

⚡️ELECTROMAN⚡️ Concerned citizen

They didn't tell me what it was called. Same shop Tesla referred me to to have curb rash repaired. Called Wheelkraft located in Vancouver WA. Will you call and see if they will tell you what powder coat color it is?

7. BHCLUC

BHCLUC Member

I'm far from an expert on paint, so forgive my questions, but isnt that the part number? The color codes I've found are four letter codes. The difficulty I have is translating that to a color Prismatic Powders sells.

8. Jabardo

Jabardo Member

6AE45DC0-3149-41F9-93B2-430E226AE451.jpeg
    I went with evo grey from prismatic powders with a clear coat over the grey. I’d say it’s very close to Tesla’s grey, I’m very happy with the end result.

• Informative x 1
  9. Jabardo

Jabardo Member

E6935BCF-C141-4FA0-8AE6-88C6C8ED7990.jpeg

• Informative x 1
  10. BHCLUC

BHCLUC Member

Thank you! Are those OEM Sonic Carbon center caps? And are those powder coated break pads? Any idea what color? Did you use clear?

11. Jabardo

Jabardo Member

The center caps are actually Tesla’s OEM M3 caps as my rims were silver, can’t powder coat the caps. The brake pads are painted by a guy here in Toronto, does awesome work, powder coated my rims also. As far as the color for the pads I’m not sure, just a red, lol. He laser cut the tesla logo basically a sticker, I’ve had them for a year now to put on the pads.

12. BHCLUC

BHCLUC Member

Awesome, thank you. Knowing that the center caps are OEM shows how close the colors are.

• Like x 1
  13. BHCLUC

BHCLUC Member

I went with Evo Grey as well with a glossy clear coat. Not a perfect match to sonic carbon, but close enough for me. Little lighter.

Attached Files:

14. Jabardo

Jabardo Member

Looks great, congrats!

• Like x 1