Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

condensation builds up on outside of windshield??

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
First summer with my MYLR and I've been noticing the lower part of exterior of the windshield is either fogs or has condensation build up and I'm frequently running the wiper to get rid of it. I have a M3RWD and it doesn't happen on that car. Any thoughts or is this normal or something I should bring in and have looked at.

Bonus question since I'm typing. Why I use cruise control (I think it's just cruise control and not auto steer) the wipers go on and are looked on auto vs. my manual setting. Can that be changed?

A while ago Tesla updated the cruise control, AP, and FSD to require (automatically) the wipers be on. There is no way to change this, although you can manually adjust the frequency setting. There is no standard (dumb) cruise control on a Tesla (I wish there was!).

Condensation on windshields can happen on any vehicle based on the environment at the time and your a/c settings. If you research a little the physics behind why condensation forms, then you can adjust your settings accordingly.

Reactions: golfwolf