Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What will prevent build up of condensation or film INSIDE cover for front camera?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Last year, I shared a post about how condensation or some sort of film built up on the INSIDE of the cover over the front camera. As a result, the camera could not "see" clearly. I called Tesla service and a mobile technician successfully cleaned it. My problem was solved. This mobile service took place in December of 2022.

Now I noticed that the same problem has returned. My front camera cannot see the cars around me. I cannot use Enhanced Autopilot nor cruise control because the camera is "blind". I have cleaned the outside of the cover and the windshield very thoroughly. The film is clearly on the inside of the cover. I plan on calling out mobile service again.

It is annoying that this problem has returned just a few months after the previous service and cleaning took place. Is there anything I can do to prevent the build up of the condensation or film? I was thinking of asking the mobile technician to apply some ceramic spray sealant on the inside of the cover, in the hopes that this might prevent it.

If I cannot find a solution, I may have to have mobile service come out once every 6 to 8 months to clean the cover over my front camera.

Has anyone else found a way to prevent this condensation or film from building up in the first place? I welcome any and all suggestions.

Thank you,
Joe