Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Configured price vs. Vehicle price

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
image.jpg
image.jpg
I test drove a M3 and was provided the Payment Estimator. My SE was really busy so we didn’t have a lot of time to review. After running the numbers, I discovered a $1,200 increase between the “configured” price versus the “vehicle” price with no explanation in the Cash and Loan sections of the estimator. I’m seeing the same on the website. Does anyone know what this $1,200 is for...?

View attachment 566275 View attachment 566275 I test drove a M3 and was provided the Payment Estimator. My SE was really busy so we didn’t have a lot of time to review. After running the numbers, I discovered a $1,200 increase between the “configured” price versus the “vehicle” price with no explanation in the Cash and Loan sections of the estimator. I’m seeing the same on the website. Does anyone know what this $1,200 is for...?

The $1200 is the destination fee, which is not shown as part of the configured price but is part of every transaction and would be shown as such on the final paperwork.

Thanks for the response. I hate all these “hidden” fees... just be transparent.

its actually not hidden... well I get from your point of view it is, but all cars come with a vehicle destination charge (even if you pick up from the factory), so tesla charging for this is the same as everyone else. No other car manufacturer quotes that price in the MSRP either (its part of the "taxes and fees".

Its not there on that quote, but it is there called out on the motor vehicle purchase agreement. Its actually there on mine in the exact form that @Forensic metioned, as $1125 for destination and $75 for the doc fee, but that is california, where we have a mandated doc fee maximum charge. Not sure how it will show up in Ohio, on the MVP but it will be broken out.

Teslas purchase agreement is very straight forward, compared to pretty much every other vehicle purchase someone will do, and there isnt anything on there that isnt called out specifically, really. With that being said, I never got a "quote" from them looking like OPs so I get where OP is coming from.

its actually not hidden... well I get from your point of view it is, but all cars come with a vehicle destination charge (even if you pick up from the factory), so tesla charging for this is the same as everyone else. No other car manufacturer quotes that price in the MSRP either (its part of the "taxes and fees".

Its not there on that quote, but it is there called out on the motor vehicle purchase agreement. Its actually there on mine in the exact form that @Forensic metioned, as $1125 for destination and $75 for the doc fee, but that is california, where we have a mandated doc fee maximum charge. Not sure how it will show up in Ohio, on the MVP but it will be broken out.

Teslas purchase agreement is very straight forward, compared to pretty much every other vehicle purchase someone will do, and there isnt anything on there that isnt called out specifically, really. With that being said, I never got a "quote" from them looking like OPs so I get where OP is coming from.
It's the same here in Ohio, $1125 and $75