Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Connecting to gen 3 chargers after set up

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was able to set up the wall connector on the network and it is working. I wanted to check the settings after I’ve been using it for a few weeks. How do I connect after set up? I assume it is by IP address but when I try to connect this is all I see. Anyone know how to connect after set up?
4420A534-2C4D-476A-A3E8-B08B1A31B7DF.png

That's what you need to access the wall charger settings through its wifi network:
The Wi-Fi network will only broadcast for 5 minutes. To have the Wall Connector broadcast the SSID again, hold the button on the charging handle for 5 seconds or turn the circuit breaker off, then on again.
Source: https://www.tesla.com/sites/default...en3_WallConnector_Commissioning_Procedure.pdf

BTW this might be misleading since the wall charger is constantly broadcasting its SSID (still wondering why and I wish one could stop this behavior). Doing the procedure above will allow modifying the settings, otherwise you end up on a basic status page like the one you shared.

That's what you need to access the wall charger settings through its wifi network:

Source: https://www.tesla.com/sites/default...en3_WallConnector_Commissioning_Procedure.pdf

BTW this might be misleading since the wall charger is constantly broadcasting its SSID (still wondering why and I wish one could stop this behavior). Doing the procedure above will allow modifying the settings, otherwise you end up on a basic status page like the one you shared.
I followed that procedure and accessing via the DHCP address issued by my home networking equipment results in same landing page as OP. It is no longer broadcasting an SSID.

Not sure why but I was expecting the Tesla charger to be more interactive in terms of checking for firmware updates, setting up an admin password, being able to reconfigure breaker amperage, maybe see some data? Instead its just a dumb device consuming another IP address.

Weird, mine doesn't broadcast the SSID. I had to manually input it and the password to connect to it. Once I connected to it and gave it my wifi network info it connected and started working.

I wish they would integrate it's control panel into the Tesla app.

I followed that procedure and accessing via the DHCP address issued by my home networking equipment results in same landing page as OP. It is no longer broadcasting an SSID.

Not sure why but I was expecting the Tesla charger to be more interactive in terms of checking for firmware updates, setting up an admin password, being able to reconfigure breaker amperage, maybe see some data? Instead its just a dumb device consuming another IP address.
good to know I can get to it via the DHCP address it gets, will try that at home later.

Just lower expectations - you'll get the device graphic with serial number and part number, nothing else. And OFC now that I'm trying to replicate navigating to its built in http service, its not online :)
Hmm, I had that problem with mine after I first connected it to my wifi network, so I went to the main panel and shut it off at the breaker to power cycle it. It came back and I waited longer and it finally came online.

Going to try to connect to it via my home network now

Screen Shot 2021-12-07 at 7.21.26 PM.png

Well this is lame. I can connect to it on my internal network but it tells me to connect to it's internal network. Come on Tesla, let me setup a login to an admin page or something. I mean you need to go in to tell it which cars to restrict charging to, and it's connected to my home wifi.

View attachment 741879

Well this is lame. I can connect to it on my internal network but it tells me to connect to it's internal network. Come on Tesla, let me setup a login to an admin page or something. I mean you need to go in to tell it which cars to restrict charging to, and it's connected to my home wifi.
Is that feature actually in the newer firmware?

Last I looked there was just an option to only allow Tesla charging or allow anyone to charge (including original Roadsters and anyone with a J1772 adapter rig for example).