Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Connectivity Issues

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Good morning all, long time lurker, first time poster. 22 Model 3 SR started having connectivity issues about 2 weeks ago. Initially I thought it was wifi disconnecting and LTE connection delay. Lasted a minute or so, but then I noticed it was happening in a 2-3km radius around the house. Prior to this never had a delay more than a few seconds. Reset the car a couple of times, reset my wifi to no avail. Scheduled Tesla Mobile service for Sep 2, they kept on messaging to try different things, nothing helped. No one actually came out and they canceled my request thinking it may be a dead zone. Told me to keep an eye on it. Well, last couple of days car has been “offline”, no app connection (other than wifi). No music, traffic. My premium renewed on Aug 30. Scheduled another service appointment for Sep 13, but if anyone has any other insight, it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for reading.

Hi, first welcome to the family. Sounds like you need a new LTE chip/module in your car. I have a 2018 model 3 and had LTE disconnect issues on and off for months the first year of owership. A reboot would fix it monenterly sometimes but i would go for hours with it not working at all. Tesla replaced the LTE module under warrnaty and the car was fine since then. I trust tesla will solve this for you. Be well.

Hi, first welcome to the family. Sounds like you need a new LTE chip/module in your car. I have a 2018 model 3 and had LTE disconnect issues on and off for months the first year of owership. A reboot would fix it monenterly sometimes but i would go for hours with it not working at all. Tesla replaced the LTE module under warrnaty and the car was fine since then. I trust tesla will solve this for you. Be well.
Thank you

Similar issue just started, when I drive away my car doesnt seem to switch from the wifi to LTE once its out of range. If i turn off the wifi and then turn it back on the car switches to LTE. Really just started after I started paying for Premium or from the last update not sure. I am at 2022.28.1.

we've had our M3 about a week. connectivity was fine until yesterday . Car will connect bluetooth when in the car, but not remotely through the app.
It's got the latest software. What is a "soft reset". Some are saying that will fix the issue, Mahalo!

Having a similar connectivity issue with my MYLR. Happened first time a couple weeks ago, did the reboot and that seemed to fix it, but it started again this morning. Submitted a service ticket, so we'll see what they say...

Reactions: relaxjim
My 2023 Model Y LR that I purchased a few weeks ago is doing the exact same thing right out of the dealership. We have a 2023 Model 3 LR that is completely fine so it is not an issue with the area that it gets used in.

Had a ticket submitted and was told it was passed onto engineering. My appointment was closed and marked as resolved. Looks like an over the air update was done on January 20, but the issue is still happening so I've opened a new ticket to get this resolved in a few weeks.