Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Considering Purchasing a Model Y

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello --

My wife and I are considering purchasing/leasing a new Model Y once our current car lease runs out. I'm curious to hear from folks who have made the jump from a Volvo XC90 to the Model Y. How much of an adjustment is it? How about cargo space and layout? Also trying to see how much of a downgrade (or not) the interior of a Model Y is in comparison to my current XC90. Any problems you've had, do you like the Model Y, would you go back to Volvo after having the Model Y, etc.? Thanks for any insight.

Matt

Hello --

My wife and I are considering purchasing/leasing a new Model Y once our current car lease runs out. I'm curious to hear from folks who have made the jump from a Volvo XC90 to the Model Y. How much of an adjustment is it? How about cargo space and layout? Also trying to see how much of a downgrade (or not) the interior of a Model Y is in comparison to my current XC90. Any problems you've had, do you like the Model Y, would you go back to Volvo after having the Model Y, etc.? Thanks for any insight.

Matt
FWIW I can't answer the XC90 comparisons but if you have any sort of timing in mind I'd recommend considering that you will have almost no chance of being able to time it around the lease ending. There are a lot of horror stories about this. This isn't a purchase that should have any sort of time boxing at all.