Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y purchase

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am looking for suggestions on my next move or comments on what others have been offered from Tesla. I ordered a Model Y that was in transit to the West Palm Beach Tesla store on 2/3/24 with a pick up date of 2/13/24. This vehicle and others had a price adjustment of $5000. I had gone through all the steps on the Tesla app. through the final payment and was just waiting for the agreement before the pick up. On 2/12/24 Tesla starts to change the steps on the Tesla app to reschedule the pick up date, come to find out the vehicle needed to go into service prior to delivery. The VIN was changed out on the agreement and a new agreement was on the app with NO price adjustment so essential the price went up the $5000. I called the West Palm Beach office and they said that the only way I could get the price adjustment was to wait until the vehicle is serviced and take delivery on the original car. Fast forward to yesterday and the vehicle is out of the service and now applied to my RN# but we now have a NEW agreement that is the current price adjustment of only $2450, but I have to be fair as the vehicle price was also reduced from when I purchased originally by $1000. Net this NEW agreement is $1550 more for the same car that I purchased on 2/3/24 that because of a TESLA issue had to go into service prior to delivery. I had to also be inconvenienced an additional 5 days without a vehicle (our Model 3 was totaled in an accident). Would appreciate any comments on this.

If, while waiting for your car to be delivered, Tesla offered a discount on new car sales, would you expect that discount ?

Anyway, like the poster above, I would be paying attention to *what* was done in service
So you buy a car at a specific price and put your down payment (agreement is made). If I see a better deal I would have the option to back out of my deal and lose my deposit. If I do not back out of the deal I would expect that the deal is kept by Tesla to deliver the car at the offering when I purchased.