Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Considering white aluminum dash

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m considering swapping out my vinyl carbon fiber wrapped dash for a white aluminum one in my model 3. The rest of my inside trim I did matte black vinyl wrap. I’m actually replacing the center console with real carbon fiber but was thinking I may have too much black carbon fiber. I’m thinking the white dash may offset all the black inside. Anyone else do something similar or think this is a good idea? It’s not a cheap mod. TESLA said the dash piece is $240 and with $195 hour labor I’m looking at a $400+ mod. If anyone else has pics of there’s with their trim to share that would be awesome.

• Informative
Reactions: Watts_Up
Along the same lines as what Silicon Desert was suggesting, do you have tinted front side windows? If you have dark tinted windows, the reflection of the white will make it so you have trouble seeing out the window at certain angles. I have the white interior and this is one of the reasons I went with a very light tint on the front windows.

I’m considering swapping out my vinyl carbon fiber wrapped dash for a white aluminum one in my model 3. The rest of my inside trim I did matte black vinyl wrap. I’m actually replacing the center console with real carbon fiber but was thinking I may have too much black carbon fiber. I’m thinking the white dash may offset all the black inside. Anyone else do something similar or think this is a good idea? It’s not a cheap mod. TESLA said the dash piece is $240 and with $195 hour labor I’m looking at a $400+ mod. If anyone else has pics of there’s with their trim to share that would be awesome.

Buy an original Tesla white dash from RPM for $295 plus shipping. Swap it out yourself and ship your original back to them. The remove/replace video is on the install tab:

Model 3 Dashboards - Carbon Fiber, Alcantara, Piano Black, White - From $295

Have you ever had papers sitting on your dash and seen the reflection from them? I personally would never go with anything that light in that location and I get there are aluminum colored parts in the car it would coordinate with. The wood trim that comes with the black interior I don't notice in my windshield (actually would have preferred if dash all one black piece) but I have no doubt anything aluminum will reflect up into the windshield during the day. Try laying some white paper or a piece of the white aluminum vinyl over your current dash piece and driving around with it before making that decision.

I love the look of the white seats (not so much the door panels) and would have stopped there with white inside the car. To me a white or aluminum dash would be as annoying as the piano black center console which I did get covered in black brushed metallic vinyl to prevent the shine and fingerprints. But I realize everyone is different.

I assume you are talking about the 3M gloss white aluminum vinyl (or similar from another vendor):
3M 1080 Scotchprint Gloss White Aluminum Vinyl Vehicle Wrap Film 5ft X 7ft G120 for sale online | eBay

Last edited:
Reactions: T3SL4AFBruh
I’ve seen white wraps such as the carbon fiber one but I was only looking to get the factory white one. I’ve heard about the reflection issues. I do have ceramic tinted windows. If it would cause a glare I’ll probably stick to what I have now.