Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Adding Ambient Lights. White Trim or Carbon Fiber Trim?

Carbon Fiber or White Trim?

• White trim

Votes: 5 71.4%
  • Carbon fiber trim

Votes: 2 28.6%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For the sake of being bored and real world issues... heres a post/poll. HA!

I have a 2023 MYP, MSM (XEPL Stealth Wrapped) with white interior. I took the white trim out and installed matte carbon fiber replacements right when I got the vehicle.

The reason for this post/poll is that I am having the Hansshow Laser Carving Lights ready to be installed which requires taking the silver trim around the dash and door card trims off and replacing them with the light trim. Its so easy to go back and forth, but with the lights added... not so much. Im also having my headliner fully alcantara replaced so Im thinking some white might be good.

This would be an extremely permanent thing so Im torn between keeping my aftermarket carbon fiber pieces or go back to white.

Real world issues. I know. Whats your thoughts? Pics below of the lights (thanks to the YTer I screenshot this from) on the white and some of my CF trim as of now.

Screenshot 2023-02-23 at 5.50.28 PM.png

Screenshot 2023-02-23 at 6.02.36 PM.png

Screenshot 2023-02-23 at 6.02.48 PM.png

It’s all personal preference… but I like the white more than the CF. So many dashboards are a sea of black, the white trims are what I liked.

I’m still looking to replace the black/gray parts with CF (steering wheels, storage, etc) but I love the pop of white.

I voted for carbon fiber because I feel like the MYP should have come with that trim to begin win, kind of like the Plaids. But I think both look good so it's just personal preference.

BTW, I watched the installation video of this ambient light kit, and holy crap it makes the kit I got from Amazon look like a little league job!

Reactions: judikj7