Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Constant Screen Reboots and Rear Camera Unavailable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The car is a purchased new 2017 Model S with AP and all original hardware running the current standard software release.

I'm getting constant screen reboots every 30 seconds or so with the rear camera unavailable 99.9% of the time. These issues started about 2 years ago very infrequently, with the camera being unavailable only for a few seconds. There has been a gradually increasing frequency until it has now become impossible to use the back camera, and using the screen requires fast fingers to get finished before the next reboot. Tesla SC indicates my MCU and flash memory are both healthy and that the problem is a firmware bug, but they have no details about why this is a firmware bug, when the bug was first identified, and whether the problem is currently being worked on and what firmware release they are targeting for a solution. Also, if it was a firmware bug, thousands of cars would be similarly effected, and the onset of the problem would have been sudden at the time of a firmware upgrade and that's just not the case. Basically, I think I was fobbed off with BS.

Has anyone out there had a similar problem, and if so, can you indicate what was done to fix the problem? If anyone has additional comments or advice, I'm all ears. Well, my ears aren't all that big!

Thanks in advance, JS