Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Consumer Reports First Impression of the MY

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks for posting this.

I may be in the minority, but I didn’t find their review all that helpful or insightful. Pretty much sounded like some highlights, then more faint praise, followed by a lot of grousing about things. Sorta like reading a bunch of posts here... Understand it’s an initial review, etc. But dang.

It’s not an S, so the suspension is going to be firm out of the box. It’s coils, not air. The center screen is what it is, and the pointing out issues that really don’t exist doesn’t sit well with me. You may not like the way the features are implemented, but they are there... for example, just try and change lanes, initiating with your turn signal like you should, with a car there and see what happens. If you set the car up “right”, you don’t even need to use the speedometer, it’ll keep you at the speed you want, or tell you when you’re exceeding limits. Ultimately , if you don’t like the way Tesla implemented, then you have other choices. But to talk down about stuff, just because it isn’t what you’re used to, isn’t moving forward. It’s staying stagnant.

The discussion of what might be reliability issues was also poorly done. Zero evidence of over-arching issues, but a lot of fright talk. Not cool.

Choices exist, but for what you get at this price point, they’re pretty slim. And without a global infrastructure, yes, with all its warts, to support it as well as Tesla can.

ß

Last edited: