Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Control heated seats w/ app w/o PUP?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
this weekend I preheated the cabin of my 2.5 month old Model X using the iOS app for the first time when up in the mountains. That much worked, but I couldn’t seem to enable the heated seats through the app.

While I don’t have the cold weather package included through PUP, I figured I’d be able to control the heat for the front seats, since that comes standard. Am I missing something?

While I don’t have the cold weather package included through PUP, I figured I’d be able to control the heat for the front seats, since that comes standard. Am I missing something?

Yes, you are missing that there is currently no user control over heated seats, steering wheel, etc. from the app.

With the current version of the app/car firmware it is supposed to automatically turn them on during a pre-heat if it thinks it is cold enough to need them.

Yes, you are missing that there is currently no user control over heated seats, steering wheel, etc. from the app.

With the current version of the app/car firmware it is supposed to automatically turn them on during a pre-heat if it thinks it is cold enough to need them.
Did we decide it 'turned them if it was cold enough' or 'it was cold enough and they were on when the car was turned off'? I thought some saw the latter, but a lot of people didn't get those releases when it was still cold enough to test.....

Hmm. This is the case even with PUP? That’s a pretty big shortcoming if you ask me and a feature that could be implemented pretty easily.