Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Convert 19" model S rims for M3P

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am selling my S and getting an M3P. I have 19 inch snow tires on my S I would like to keep and use on the 3. I understand the wheels are different and can't be directly swapped. Is there an adapter or anything I can buy, or do I basically need to get a new set of wheels, tires, and TPSM. Thanks, Dan

I am selling my S and getting an M3P. I have 19 inch snow tires on my S I would like to keep and use on the 3. I understand the wheels are different and can't be directly swapped. Is there an adapter or anything I can buy, or do I basically need to get a new set of wheels, tires, and TPSM. Thanks, Dan

Sell the old rims.
But new ones for the new car.

That's your best course of action.
There is one exotically undesirable path to reusing your old wheels, but I would never resort to it myself, and will refrain from recommending it to others as well.

a

Thanks everyone. Do all 19 inch tesla model 3 OEM rims fit on the model 3 performance version without doing anything special?

On the tesla shop website, when you go to look at the 19inch sport wheels they sell there, it has the following text which answers your question from teslas perspective:

(screenshot of relevant text from that link)

Screen Shot 2022-12-02 at 4.31.41 PM.png

On the tesla shop website, when you go to look at the 19inch sport wheels they sell there, it has the following text which answers your question from teslas perspective:

(screenshot of relevant text from that link)

View attachment 880775
From the chrome trim reference, it may be primarily because of the BLE tire pressure sensors. The other issue that is the lip on the hub (which makes many of the 18" incompatible, although I remember reading the later versions of the 18" have been machined to accommodate it), but I'm not familiar enough to know if the same issue applies to the 19" options (maybe someone can chime in).

• Informative
Reactions: jjrandorin