Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Converting lug pattern on my Model Y to fit the 21-inch wheels?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was trying to mount the 21-inch wheels, which I previously used on my Model S, but was told that the lug pattern on Y is 5x114 and the wheels are 5x120. However, I could use a conversion kit to do so, but the wheels might stick out. Does anyone have a similar experience? I spent a lot of money on the wheels and don't really want them to sit in the garage.

I was trying to mount the 21-inch wheels, which I previously used on my Model S, but was told that the lug pattern on Y is 5x114 and the wheels are 5x120. However, I could use a conversion kit to do so, but the wheels might stick out. Does anyone have a similar experience? I spent a lot of money on the wheels and don't really want them to sit in the garage.
They are completely different lug patterns. You aren't supposed to use MS wheels on the MY or M3. If you desperately need to, you can look into an adapter for 5x114.3 to 5x120. As stated, the adapter will push your wheels farther out and could rub the wheel well when turning or straight, depending on how much space there is, etc.