Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cool carplay accessory model X legacy

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey this is cool...got this Carplay Navicam 9.3 screen for about 100 bucks. Mounts like a charm in the cubby underneath the main screen. works really well with iphone.
IMG_7919.jpg
IMG_7921.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_8164.jpg
    IMG_8164.jpg
    109.7 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_8163.jpg
    IMG_8163.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_8165.jpg
    IMG_8165.jpg
    117.1 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_8160.jpg
    IMG_8160.jpg
    136.6 KB · Views: 7
Sure...first off, heres the device...its is available on amazon (even though it says unavailable) Theres an extra suction cup that is used for the windshield,...i just put it in the cubby and attached the cup to the roof of the cubby. then i put the screen on a slant to flow nicely with the large screen. I just attach the pwoer to the cigarette output. You can also get a pro to attach to the internal battery if you want. the wires hide nicely.

Next, I just have teslas blue tooth clicked. Thats it! for some reason it all works great. in coming calls i can control from either the carplay screen or the tesla screen. the steering wheel buttons work also. It seems to sync with simultaneously with the tesla and carplay. i got this because my sirius xm is on another car... but still can use via my phone. also, waze is really nice to have.

All of a sudden our legacy teslas are as cool as the newer ones

carplay.png

IMG_8164.jpg
IMG_8165.jpg
IMG_8169.jpg
IMG_8167.jpg

Last edited:
@Drrobmiller, thanks for the info. I sporadically consider stuff like this but have never acted on trying one out. My primary interest is that voice commands to text and make calls has never worked well in my legacy X. And way too much scrolling and pressing the wheel. And not being able to respond to group messages.