Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

COOLANT G48 replacement, i cant sniff it out

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am planning to change the onboard charger on Model S myself and found out it needs coolant refill, well that should be obvious as it does heat up nicely due to the electricity thing.
I want to go with genuine, but whilst looking on Tesla parts it shows that this is TESLA ONLY. Does anyone know where I can buy a gallon or liter or whatever of This Coolant anywhere? I am looking for Genuine only (yes i know about the cheaper alternatives and OEm, but I like my life difficult). Perhaps tesla would sell this to me?

just go to AutoZone, Napa, o'reillys, ext. its very common and found everywhere when I've needed some i just walk in and there are several gallon jugs of G48 ready to be bought always.
LOL i just noticed you're a Brit so that is why you cant just go grab some. after searching google i came across this one for UK amazon i cant open it because the work computer wont let me but the search showed it as what i was looking for
the other 2 links look like British auto parts stores i dono what is common over there i never had to work on my car when i was there.

• Informative
Reactions: Zeemo
0634E0BE-28F1-4EC1-9B39-AA63E7C52B1F.jpeg

This is definitely the Tesla G48. You are better off looking at Mercedes or other OEMs who use G48 for more easier availibility. Where is the nearest Tesla service center to you?

nearest service center is about 20 miles away.

I dont mind getting a non tesla one, but I dont know about the colours of it. and So far I am confused which colour it is supposed to be in there. Going to have a look
its blue, dont put in any other color than the blue stuff. If you go to a auto parts store and ask them for tesla coolant they will usually say crap like i dono. but if you ask for blue coolant or G48 which is the proper name for the blue stuff they should be able to help you out easily.

• Informative
Reactions: Zeemo
just go to AutoZone, Napa, o'reillys, ext. its very common and found everywhere when I've needed some i just walk in and there are several gallon jugs of G48 ready to be bought always.
LOL i just noticed you're a Brit so that is why you cant just go grab some. after searching google i came across this one for UK amazon i cant open it because the work computer wont let me but the search showed it as what i was looking for
the other 2 links look like British auto parts stores i dono what is common over there i never had to work on my car when i was there.

Just another read on this to make sure I am buying the right thing.
To answer you, commonly you would use places like Halfords, its a big auto parts store. They also own mechanic places, but you want to avoid them. I took my 'new' BMW there for a free check. Centre console where the gear stick is was warm. They advised me that the clutch might be bad and they would have to charge me £300 to have a look. I didn't pay them to have a look. Later I found out, that its hot because there is an air vent going to the back which was set to high heat, haha silly me xD

Anyway, apart of Halfords and if you want to know for any case you would normally got to Eurocarparts.co.uk.There is also GSFcarparts, but they are cheap.

Many thanks for the help, I am about to order the coolant now :)