Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Coolant Guard Protector Plates?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does any one have these coolant hose plates/ covers?
Esp for Pre-2020 model 3.
Screenshot_20230216_000715_Amazon.jpg

Octomo Coolant Guard Protector Compatible for Tesla Model 3 2021 2022 Car Accessories, Coolant Pipe Plates Thicken Aluminum Alloy Guard Plate for Safety(2PCS)

i tried a different set for my 2022, but they've updated the wheel wells to fully cover that area and not use a separate piece. probably works well for earlier builds but my 11/21 build it doesn't fit

i just ordered the one you linked to earlier today and will try in the next week or two

Last edited:
I was installing these yesterday on my ‘18 M3LR and noticed a fatal flaw in the design. The middle two screws and passenger side bolt rub against the hoses it’s trying to protect. I added photos of one screw and a bolt, although I didn’t insert the bolt completely in the photo. The two middle screws have about an inch before they’d make contact with anything. Let me know if this seems worthy of its own post to warn other owners.

Attachments

• IMG_1101.jpeg
    IMG_1101.jpeg
    49.2 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_1111.jpeg
    IMG_1111.jpeg
    59.1 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_1130.jpeg
    IMG_1130.jpeg
    40.6 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_1120.jpeg
    IMG_1120.jpeg
    37.2 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_1104.jpeg
    IMG_1104.jpeg
    42.6 KB · Views: 31
I was installing these yesterday on my ‘18 M3LR and noticed a fatal flaw in the design. The middle two screws and passenger side bolt rub against the hoses it’s trying to protect. I added photos of one screw and a bolt, although I didn’t insert the bolt completely in the photo. The two middle screws have about an inch before they’d make contact with anything. Let me know if this seems worthy of its own post to warn other owners.
Is that the one you got from Amazon? I think i saw your review for Octomo Coolant Guard Protector for Tesla Model Y. Are you referring the lower screw or the top screws that are rubbing to the line? I am looking to purchase this and good thing I saw your review. I am looking to purchase from Tsportline which you only put 2 bolts at the bottom. Model Y Coolant Line Aluminum Alloy Skid Plate Protection Guards (1 Set)

Is that the one you got from Amazon? I think i saw your review for Octomo Coolant Guard Protector for Tesla Model Y. Are you referring the lower screw or the top screws that are rubbing to the line? I am looking to purchase this and good thing I saw your review. I am looking to purchase from Tsportline which you only put 2 bolts at the bottom. Model Y Coolant Line Aluminum Alloy Skid Plate Protection Guards (1 Set)
Yeah, these were purchased from Amazon. I’ll provide the link below. The top screws are more concerning since they’re positioned right up against the hose and have a sharp end. T Sportline’s version doesn’t include the upper screws. However, both makes have a bottom bolt that’s also placed right up against a hose, so that should ideally be shorter.

Octomo Coolant Guard Protector... Amazon.com

• Helpful
Reactions: FatM3