Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Could I install tesla homelink software for model 3 2021 myself?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had the homelink installed by a ranger two months ago. He did something under the rear seat, on the passenger side. I asked him what that's about, he said he's forcing a hard reboot on the car the makes it probe everything on the car so that the homelink shows up.

It may be that Tesla indeed need to change something in the config and that was completely invisible to me, which is what people above are saying. But the ranger made it sound like the software is already there and it's just a matter of making the car discover the new device.

I made a hard reboot disconnect with 12 v battery and unplugged switch on rear side but there is no homelink software activated.
I had the homelink installed by a ranger two months ago. He did something under the rear seat, on the passenger side. I asked him what that's about, he said he's forcing a hard reboot on the car the makes it probe everything on the car so that the homelink shows up.

It may be that Tesla indeed need to change something in the config and that was completely invisible to me, which is what people above are saying. But the ranger made it sound like the software is already there and it's just a matter of making the car discover the new device.