Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Couple questions on wiper blades...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
These are the ones from Walmart that are working well so far on my MY. The only issue is with heavy salt on the roads, the extra wipe when hitting the windshield washer leaves some salt on the downstroke. I wish it didn't to the extra wipe a couple of seconds after washer is done!

View attachment 638564

Same problem I have. When there is salt on the road, the bottom of the driver side arch and the top of the passenger side arch get very salty and won't come off no matter what I do. It's annoying. Adjusting the washer nozzle has helped a lot though. Take a paper clip and open it up. Adjust the nozzle to spray where you want it. It has significantly helped me.

I've tried lots of different wipers over the years for all my cars, and the only ones that seemed to do well with PacNW rain, were PIAA SuperSilicone. Once you replace the blades, you can just get the refills, as they are cheaper... You can't put the refills on OEM blades tho, as they are slightly narrower. I have gone 5 years on a single set without needing replacement. Most of the time, you can just clean the wipers. They are more expensive than regular wipers, but in my opinion they are worth it, and far exceed everything else... And I've tried them all.. Trico, Michelin, RainX, Bosch Icons, OEM, etc.. The PIAA SuperSilicone seem to leave a water repellant coating on the glass, as even on cars that I don't bother with putting any treatment on the glass, the glass still shows rain-x like water repelling action, even after several years.

Most of the time, those other brands, the wipers don't last more than a single season before they start streaking/chattering... Sometimes even much less.