Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CPO 2013 MS 60 $39.8K Good Buy?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just put in my deposit today for a MS 60. Currently has 89K miles. It's been equipped with the sound upgrade and tech package. I live in Las Vegas, and after talking to the CPO rep over the phone, I'll be able to go pick up the car in Palmdale, CA in the next few days.

The condition of the car seems to be good, with two of the tires suffering from quit a bit of curb rash, but nothing that bothers me too much.

Just would like to get some opinions of the car's condition/status relative to the price that I picked it up for.

Heck, I'll be selling my S85 for about the same or less when our 3 arrives (this is not an offer of tease to sell). It's clean, really clean, and has everything except stearing wheel heat and the little rear facing seats. My negative is 106K miles. The flip side is Tesla replaced the drive unit and air suspension in the last 15K miles.

In reality, I would want to know what the rated range is at 100% charge (Tesla won't tell you). With 89K miles, it won't be what is advertised on the CPO site. Tesla only shows what the cars rated range was when it was new.

The 60 was rated at 208 when new. After 89K miles, I bet it is in the high 170s to low 180s at 100% charge. So the car is good for 110 to 125 miles a day of real driving if you charge to 90%.

My S85 at 100% when new was 265 rated. now it is at 237-241 on a nice day, and we get 145 to 175 real world driving a day. My wife goes further.

Budget was really under consideration here. I'm planning on putting it up on Turo to offset/payoff the cost of the car once I receive it. The MS on Turo here in Vegas have caught a lot of attention, and since I'm close to the airport, I'm hoping to get an upper hand with free delivery of the vehicle to renters, hence a more desirable listing.

I was considering 85s but the ones that have been listed as CPOs on Tesla's inventory haven't been all that favorable or too far from my location.

Budget was really under consideration here. I'm planning on putting it up on Turo to offset/payoff the cost of the car once I receive it. The MS on Turo here in Vegas have caught a lot of attention, and since I'm close to the airport, I'm hoping to get an upper hand with free delivery of the vehicle to renters, hence a more desirable listing.

I was considering 85s but the ones that have been listed as CPOs on Tesla's inventory haven't been all that favorable or too far from my location.

Paying $40K for a 2013 Model S 60 is definitely not a good buy. I would not pay anything more than early $30s.

Here's a 2013 P85 with a CPO warranty good until 2020 with an asking price of $39,000. A P85 is a much better vehicle for the same money.

Model S / 2013 / Silver - e5bc4 | Only Used Tesla

I agree with you. The 85 would definitely be a better buy, and the listing you have is a really desirable price for the same amount of money and car that you're getting.

I'll see how safe I can play it with this Tesla, if a cheaper option comes up nearby then I'll consider. I still have a couple days before I can pick up the car.