TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

CPO 2016.5 Model S 90D

Discussion in 'Model S: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by dakotahmassie, May 27, 2019.

1. dakotahmassie

dakotahmassie New Member

Hello everyone! I just ordered a CPO Model S 90D refresh. I currently have a 2015 MS 70D, and a couple things are different that I would like some help on if possible. My current MS has Smart Air Suspension, while the one I ordered has Standard Suspension. What is the difference? There are also 3 other options on the new MS I got that I’m not sure what the difference in having them and not having them means:

Premium Upgrades Package
    Ultra High Fidelity Sound
    Subzero Weather Package

What do these packages and options add to the car that it wouldn’t have without them?

2. Cheburashka

Cheburashka Active Member

Standard suspension = coils, so not height adjustable but probably more reliable in the long term

PUP - I think that was leather interior for that year, LED interior lights, foglights, power trunk lid
    Premium stereo - subwoofer + 2 extra speakers and ability for Dolby sound playback
    Subzero - all seats, steering wheel, and wipers are heated.

3. dakotahmassie

dakotahmassie New Member

Okay awesome thanks! I’ve had so many issues with my Smart Air Suspension so I’m thinking the coil suspension will be a little better. And it seems like the Premium Upgrades Package is pretty similar to the Premium Interior and Lighting on my current MS. Thanks so much for the info!!

4. Cheburashka

Cheburashka Active Member

No problems at all with coils and personally I like how the car feels with coil suspension.

5. dakotahmassie

dakotahmassie New Member

Good to know! Yeah, I agree. I test drove a M3 before going with another MS, and honestly I think it handled and felt better than my MS with SAS. How many miles do you have on your MS with coil suspension?