Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CPO Decision: 2016 P90D vs 2016 90D

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi,

I have 2 Model Xs in my mind:

1. 2016 MX P90D. Carfax shows an accident ("moderate")

2. 2016 MX 90D

Both are in similar price range and mileage (since both are from Tesla, warranties are the same).

Which do you think offers better value?

I plan to keep it for at least for 3 years.

Thanks!

Also, if you’re buying from Tesla, you won’t get the free unlimited supercharging that those cars originally came with. If that’s important to you, consider buying from a private seller or non-tesla dealer.

Also, try looking at new but existing inventory. With quarter end looming, there’s deals to be had.

Good luck!

From the time I was looking, the performance model seem to be worth about $8-10,000 More than a similar non performance, but the accident history on the report would tend to lower that why about 4,000 or so. If you're comfortable with the repair and the damage that was done, which you will not get very much information about, it can be a good deal.

Also, if you’re buying from Tesla, you won’t get the free unlimited supercharging that those cars originally came with. If that’s important to you, consider buying from a private seller or non-tesla dealer.

Also, try looking at new but existing inventory. With quarter end looming, there’s deals to be had.

Good luck!

Yes, I am buying from Tesla.
It won't come with free supercharging even when the page specifically mentions Free Unlimited Supercharging on Tesla site?

From the time I was looking, the performance model seem to be worth about $8-10,000 More than a similar non performance, but the accident history on the report would tend to lower that why about 4,000 or so. If you're comfortable with the repair and the damage that was done, which you will not get very much information about, it can be a good deal.

I am ok with the repair if it's "moderate" and most likely done by Tesla/authorized shop.
(It seems the car got in an accident 3 months after taking delivery for the 3 yr lease.)

I am more concerned which one would hold more value when I try to sell 3 years later.

Unless something changed recently, Tesla only offers FUSC on new custom order and new existing inventory S & X, at least as far as I know.
I guess Tesla is secretly trying to push used inventory for Q3 numbers.
Many of the used one on Tesla come with FUSC
This is what it says: "Free Unlimited Supercharging is available to the next buyer of this car but is not transferable to subsequent owners upon sale. Supercharger idle fees may still apply"