Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CPO hold time?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Last week I put a deposit on a 2015 Model S but before hand emailed my SA and told him that I was going to be out of town next week and he assured me it wouldn't be an issue. Yesterday I got an email from a lady in the delivery department saying that I should be getting a call soon about setting up an appointment but have a feeling that I'll get that call while I'm out of town. Has anyone had any experience with Tesla holding a car for at least a week after being told it's ready to be picked up?

I had mine held for about 8 ish days after they called me to that it was ready for pick up. That was the Decatur, GA location, they had a little space they could hold it. I was told by my delivery adviser that it depends on the delivery center, some can hold others can't. But we also had a little leverage as we'd be traveling from Columbus, OH to Atlanta, GA to pick up. In the end it worked out really well.

I spoke with the local delivery center before I put down my $2500 also because i was going to be out of town a week. They said it really depends on the delivery center and how much space (and how nice they are) is available to hold it. They told me a week should be fine but a month would of course be unacceptable.
Now I'm just waiting to hear from my sales rep or delivery person with an update. I put $ down last Friday morning and as of today (Tuesday) I've heard nothing from sales rep or delivery person. I'll give another day I guess before following up. Fingers crossed...

Good luck!

I'm going on 3 weeks now since I put down my deposit and the communication which started off strong has really dropped off a cliff in the last two weeks. I called my local delivery center yesterday and the lady I spoke with seemed helpful but I still don't have a delivery date yet. I knew this process was going to be painfully slow after reading other's stories before I even put down my deposit and so far my experience hasn't been any different.

Good luck!

I'm going on 3 weeks now since I put down my deposit and the communication which started off strong has really dropped off a cliff in the last two weeks. I called my local delivery center yesterday and the lady I spoke with seemed helpful but I still don't have a delivery date yet. I knew this process was going to be painfully slow after reading other's stories before I even put down my deposit and so far my experience hasn't been any different.

That's what I'm afraid of. It sounds like the delivery process starts when they have enough vehicles ready to fill up the truck (typically 6). That could take days or weeks...

I called the local Tesla store again on Thursday and asked if I could pick up my car on Tuesday and the lady that I spoke with told me she could schedule me for 12:30 on that day even though the car was still sitting in the warehouse. I still haven't received an email or text confirmation but hoping for the best.

I spoke with the local delivery center before I put down my $2500 also because i was going to be out of town a week. They said it really depends on the delivery center and how much space (and how nice they are) is available to hold it. They told me a week should be fine but a month would of course be unacceptable.
Now I'm just waiting to hear from my sales rep or delivery person with an update. I put $ down last Friday morning and as of today (Tuesday) I've heard nothing from sales rep or delivery person. I'll give another day I guess before following up. Fingers crossed...

It's been a week since I posted that... and no responses from Sales Advisor, Delivery Advisor, or the Delivery centers... I've not been lucky at getting a response from anyone. No ETA on delivery still. Will cross fingers and keep hoping I guess...

Finally took possession today, it took nearly a month but I have to say that it was definitely worth every second.
IMG_20190430_162655715_HDR.jpg

• Love
Reactions: ModelX