Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CPO process in buying M3; can I avoid delivery charge by picking up directly?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My understanding is that the destination fee is always part of the sticker price; even if you pick it up at the factory.
There is between a $500-$2000 charge based on distance. I was wondering if you can avoid this all together by picking up directly from the facility?

@PLUGZIN there is no destination charges on the used inventory, but could include delivery fee if you are outside of the delivery center range

@livmcbride There is no charge for me as my delivery center is close to the Long Beach location of the vehicle...picking mine up this Wednesday in Carlsbad 🙌

Where are you buying your vehicle from, where is the car located?

I think they're talking about a transportation fee for a used car located elsewhere. Tesla is saying they want $2K or whatever to transport it from Ohio to the buyer's location. I think they could buy it from the location the car is at and then drive it home themselves or arrange alternate transportation. They are just basically electing to buy the car in person instead of having them ship it to their location. Shouldn't be a problem. Just don't expect them to reimburse you if you turn down the car after seeing it in person. However, if they are looking at it from the perspective of paying $2K to have it shipped or flying out and driving home to save money and possibly enjoy the trip, I say go for it. Road tripping your new car home can be a great time. It's exciting. You're never more pumped to drive your car then right after you buy it and it is a perfect time for a little adventure if you have the time.