Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CQuartz car protection question

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
HI,
Today, I applied Carpro's CQuartz for the first time. It looks great.

My question is, how much of the 30ml bottle should I expect to use on a full application on my Model S?

I'm curious how others have done. How often do you reapply it and how many applications can I expect from the 30ml bottle?

Do you use Reload between applications? Do you wash or just rinse before Reload?
Thanks,

I am a tried and true CQ user.

You should expect to have a bit left over from the 30ml bottle after one application. But not enough for a full second application. You can use the remainder on your wheels. Works like a charm on keeping them clean. If you have a lot left, then you did not use enough. But not to worry. You can reapply after 48 hours if you want. It really is best to use less than more for each application.

I get the 50ml bottle, which will give me two full applications, including wheels. CQuartz Finest, which we mere mortals cannot buy, is guaranteed for two years and I can attest to that time frame. I would think that the retail version would last at least one year and possibly two, depending upon your car's exposure to the elements.

You can use Reload as often as you want. Always wash the car beforehand. Or at least do a waterless wash, which is what I do, and then a 30% isopropanol 70% distilled water wipe down in order to ensure a pristine finish for excellent adherence of the Reload. You do not want to seal contaminants under the coating. Easy to do and works beautifully.

I am a tried and true CQ user.

You should expect to have a bit left over from the 30ml bottle after one application. But not enough for a full second application. You can use the remainder on your wheels. Works like a charm on keeping them clean. If you have a lot left, then you did not use enough. But not to worry. You can reapply after 48 hours if you want. It really is best to use less than more for each application.

I get the 50ml bottle, which will give me two full applications, including wheels. CQuartz Finest, which we mere mortals cannot buy, is guaranteed for two years and I can attest to that time frame. I would think that the retail version would last at least one year and possibly two, depending upon your car's exposure to the elements.

You can use Reload as often as you want. Always wash the car beforehand. Or at least do a waterless wash, which is what I do, and then a 30% isopropanol 70% distilled water wipe down in order to ensure a pristine finish for excellent adherence of the Reload. You do not want to seal contaminants under the coating. Easy to do and works beautifully.

Thanks for the reply.
After I applied it yesterday, I now see after the car sat in my work's parking lot all day, there is lots of pollen on cars. Everything is yellow. Do I just rinse it off, then dry it and re-apply cquartz or use reload instead?

My car was so shiny for one day, now the yellow pollen has arrived. Yuck!

Thanks,
Steve

Make sure you don't wash the car for 24 hours after application. The pollen won't hurt it at all. You can rinse it off or use a duster to remove it. It will just as good as yesterday! I use a California duster (after testing many) and I have no hazing, holograms or scratches from using it. It does take a light touch.

PS: the problem with getting such an amazing shine is that you are now addicted and if the car is not always perfect, it'll drive you nuts!:eek: