Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Crash Investigation Results

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does anyone know if there is a location to find out results on any of the crashes that happen around the world? We had a Tesla go through a popular store front in my town here in Canada and I have been obviously fielding a lot of people saying “auto drove the car right through the building!!!” Blah blah. Does anyone know if Tesla releases results of the findings on these crashes? Appreciate it... btw the crash was in Burlington Ontario Canada Into a British Pride Bakery. :(( No one was hurt as far as the report stated. thank goodness.

To put it very simply, meatbags tend to stomp the wrong pedals now and then.
AP have no option /power to oversteer a attentive driver (produce more torque on the steering wheel than you can)
Also, pedals work with dual potentiometers, one goes up and one value down as you press the accelerator pedal, if those values do not correspond, are inverse symmetrical, the command will be ignored.

So, at least, there are never things AP does that driver cannot correct, that said, AP makes the drive more relaxed, and is extremely convenient except for the nagging whee it fail to detect hands on wheel.

My Model S doesn’t have autopilot. It’s a P85 from 2013. Haha. No idea what you just wrote. All joking aside. I was just curious if Tesla ever posts any results from major collisions that have media hype. :))

My Model S doesn’t have autopilot. It’s a P85 from 2013. Haha. No idea what you just wrote. All joking aside. I was just curious if Tesla ever posts any results from major collisions that have media hype. :))

If there's a very controversial case, Tesla may make an exception and talk about that specific case.

But otherwise, Tesla has posted quarterly numbers of accidents for those Tesla with active Autopilot, inactive Autopilot, no Autopilot hardware at all and generic total car accidents in the US.