TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Creaking noise from rear at start and stop on P3D +

Discussion in 'Model 3: Driving Dynamics' started by desiringbroom, Nov 27, 2019.

1. desiringbroom

desiringbroom Member

Hello,

I have this strange noise coming from the rear. I went with the mobile service advisor for a test drive (he was riding in the trunk) and told me it is not from inside, but mostly from outside of the car. The creaking is only on the launch and hard braking. Once the car is rolling, not more noise. Car is a P3D+ with 3k only. I know it's under warranty, but just looking for a heads up on what it may be.

Thanks

2. kbecks13

kbecks13 Active Member

He didn't have any ideas on what was causing it? It's something with your suspension most likely, maybe one of the rear control arm bushings.

3. zrzrzrzr

zrzrzrzr Member

I had a creak during low speeds, more noticeable on inclines/declines. They ended up replacing my front upper control arm and lower lateral link.

Attached Files: